DuraStripe Xtreme Industrial Floor Tape
This is the best industrial floor tape for new, sealed, epoxy floors, heavy traffic and forklift traffic.
Floor Tape Specs
- Material: PVC
- Glue: Rubber Based
- Thickness: 30 mils
- Hardness: 98 Shore A
- Widths: 2-inch, 3-inch, 4-inch
- Colors: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Light Blue, Dark Blue, Purple, Brown, Grey, Black, White
- Remove all old tape adhesive and/or chipped paint completely from the floor surface.
- Clean floor surfaces using A CLEANER CONTAINING NO CHLORINE OR CITRUS CLEANERS – Chlorine has a tendency of leaving a haze on the floor, making it difficult for any adhesive to stick effectively. Citrus cleaners can leave an oily residue that inhibits adhesion.
- If you are required to use a degreaser on the floor, please remove / wash off the degreaser prior to applying the DuraStripe.
- Allow floor surfaces to dry completely and wait at least 30 minutes before applying the DuraStripe.
- Once the floor is dried properly, you may apply DuraStripe.
Installing DuraStripe Xtreme Industrial Floor Tape
- Remove about a foot of the protective backing from the end of the DuraStripe roll.
- Align the stripe in the direction that you intend to apply the striping and press the exposed adhesive backing firmly to the floor.
- While one installer maintains pressure on the stripe that has been stuck on the floor, the second installer unrolls the stripe to the desired length, keeping it off the floor while maintaining both tension and alignment.
- As the second installer continues to maintain firm tension on the unrolled stripe, the first installer works down the line, removing the liner from the adhesive and firmly pressing the exposed adhesive to the floor until the desired length has been affixed
- To end a line, simply cut the DuraStripe with scissors or a utility knife.
- To create mitered corners, allow two pieces of DuraStripe to overlap, with the bottom piece adhered to the floor, and the top piece overlapping.
- Complete the miter by cutting both layers together from the inside corner to the outside corner and discard the cut ends of both stripes. The resulting corner pieces will be perfectly matched.
- To increase DuraStripe products bond to the floor, you may drive something heavy, such as a forklift, down the entire line.
Possible glue remnant is safely removed with a concentrated citrus cleaner
1. Add some “Citrus Cleaner” to a cloth and smear it on the glue remnant.
2. Brush over the glue remnant with a scrubbing brush.
3. The dissolved remnant is easily scraped or wiped with a dry cloth.
4. Wash the floor surface with soap or household detergent as necessary to completely remove citrus cleaner before reapplying DuraStripe