It’s hard to believe that something as simple as a 5S Floor Marking Symbol Door Safety Arcs can help improve safety and product mishaps.
At a chemical company, a technician was carrying a glass 5-gallon carboy of a very expensive chemical. She was standing by a door. Consequently the door suddenly swung open and sent the container crashing to the ground and spilling all the contents. As a result, over $10,000 of chemicals spilled on the floor. Because of the glass it had to be carefully cleaned up. The spill of this important ingredient caused a delay in the process and multiple late shipments.
At a warehouse, the supervisor stopped one of his employees as he came out of the office to ask him a quick question. Right then, another employee came barreling through the door and knocked the other employee to the concrete causing a shoulder injury – not on purpose, an accident of course. The injured employee had to go to the hospital and was out of work for a couple of weeks. He also was on light duty when he came back.
Both examples illustrate that this could have been easily avoided with simple, visual floor markings like door arcs.
What makes our 5S Floor Marking Symbol Door Safety Arcs Different?
To start, our door swing arcs have a 36-inch radius, the size of most standard swing doors. If you have a double door, just order a second set. The 2-inch wide brightly colored vinyl (11 colors to choose from) is sure to catch everyone’s attention. We also supply a “One-point Lesson” on how to install these safety door arcs. The intrustions include a spacer template to give it a professional look. These Door Safety Arcs are made with a 4-year outdoor grade vinyl that are sure to last a long time with normal use.
5S Floor Marking Symbol Door Safety Arc Features
- Includes: 6 – 2″ x 4″ arcs and 6 2″ x 4″ dashes
- 11 colors to choose from: Red, Pink, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, Brown, Black, Grey and White
- 3 mil polymeric-blend glossy opaque calendared vinyl film
- Long lasting: 4-year exterior durability
- Sunlight fade resistant
- Clear permanent adhesive
5S Floor Marking Symbol Door Safety Arc Application
- Thoroughly clean the floor surface
- Trace the outside arc of the door (with a pen or pencil)
- Peel the 5S Floor Marking Symbol Door Safety Arcs, one at a time form the wax backing paper
- Place the outside edge of the arc with the outside edge of the door arc tracing, start nearest to the closed-door position and press down firmly removing any air bubbles
- Cut out the spacing template and place next to the applied door arc and repeat steps 3-5 until complete.