Thanks for checking out the checklist!
This equipment inspection checklist will help you maintain your equipment in tip-top shape. Whether it is part of your Total Productive Maintenance System (TPM), safety inspections, 5S Audits, or productivity improvements – this customizable checklist is for you.
Consider this Checklist a jumping off point. Feel free to modify it to fit your needs. Don’t like the “Inspection Points”? Change or modify them. This is your Checklist now, make it fit your needs.
There are five standard categories to review on the checklist:
- Overall Cleanliness & 5S: is there dirt, grime, or dust all over the machine or is it clean?
- Correct Operation: has it been operating at peak efficiency or have there been some things that keep it from running the way it should?
- Visual / Labeled: Are the components, lines, gauges, and safety points, labeled and color-coded?
- PMs/AMs complete & up to date: do you have Preventive Maintenance (PM) and Autonomous Maintenance (AM) procedures or processes up to date and are they being followed?
- Total the score for the Inspection Point. You can use this to compare the rating over time – are we getting better or worse?
The Excel spreadsheet is setup to color-code your responses and total your score for each item. We have a tab that shows an example and one to track your total scores over time. The Notes section is a perfect place to make suggestions, show the maintenance tag number if maintenance and repairs are underway or make notes for the next inspection. There is even a tab to place photos if you want to show the condition (good or bad).
Give this Equipment Inspection Checklist a try and see if you can come up with ways to improve it. Let us know how this checklist works for you.
For more information on using and customizing this form, visit our blog post>>
How to Use the Equipment Inspection Checklist